|Channel: Reuters: Business News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/businessNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Exclusive: Telecom equipment provider Avaya considers leveraged buyout - sources
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:53:01 -0400
Telecommunications equipment and software vendor Avaya Holdings Corp is considering a leveraged buyout offer from a private equity firm that values it at more than $5 billion, including debt, people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
- Uber could announce $3 billion deal with Careem early this week: sources
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:08:49 -0400
Uber Technologies Inc is set to offer over $3 billion to buy Dubai-based rival Careem Networks FZ, two sources familiar with the deal told Reuters.
- Ethiopian Airlines questions Boeing's 'aggressive' software
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:59:09 -0400
An Ethiopian Airlines executive questioned whether Boeing had told pilots enough about "aggressive" software that pushes a plane's nose down, a focus of investigation into a deadly crash in Ethiopia this month.
- American Airlines extends Boeing 737 MAX flight cancellations through April 24
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 10:02:49 -0400
American Airlines said Sunday it will extend flight cancellation through April 24 because of the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX after two fatal crashes since October and cut some additional flights.
- Bayer CEO says his team retains backing of supervisory board: report
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 08:57:46 -0400
Bayer's management retains the backing of its supervisory board, its chief executive said, after pressure on the company increased when a second jury in the United States ruled its glyphosate-based Roundup weed killer caused cancer.
- China refuses to concede on U.S. demands to ease curbs on tech firms: FT
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 01:43:04 -0400
Ahead of fresh high-level trade talks this week, China is not conceding to U.S. demands to ease curbs on technology companies, the Financial Times reported on Sunday, citing three people briefed on the discussions.
- U.S. airlines visit Boeing as FAA awaits 737 MAX upgrades
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 19:45:42 -0400
Teams from the three U.S. airlines that own 737 MAX jets headed to Boeing Co's factory in Renton, Washington, to review a software upgrade on Saturday, as U.S. regulators prepared to receive and review the fixes in coming weeks.
- Turkish watchdogs to probe JP Morgan after lira plunge
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:30:20 -0400
Turkey's banking watchdog said it had launched an investigation into JP Morgan and other banks over complaints it received after the lira plunged more than 4 percent and the main share index fell sharply on Friday.
- Ex-Autonomy CEO Lynch denies new U.S. charges against him
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 13:46:09 -0400
British entrepreneur Mike Lynch vigorously denies new U.S. criminal charges against him, his spokesman said on Saturday ahead of a court case over the sale of his firm Autonomy which will begin in London next week.
- U.S.'s Lighthizer, Mnuchin to travel to China for trade talks: White House
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 13:09:50 -0400
United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin will travel to Beijing for the latest round of high-level trade talks scheduled to start on March 28, the White House said in a statement on Saturday.
- Indian state open for talks with Uber rival Ola over ban
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 11:21:09 -0400
The southern Indian state of Karnataka kept the door open on Saturday to talks with local ride-hailing service Ola to avoid a ban that could help rival Uber build market share.
- Citi fires eight Hong Kong traders after review finds misconduct: sources
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 05:16:07 -0400
Citigroup Inc has fired eight bankers and suspended three others from its equities trading desk in Hong Kong after an internal probe revealed misconduct in their dealings with clients, people with knowledge of the matter said.
- Apple's Cook to China: keep opening for sake of global economy
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 02:58:36 -0400
Apple chief executive Tim Cook nudged China on Saturday to open up and said the future would depend on global collaboration, as the United States and China remained locked in a bitter trade dispute.
- AT&T, Viacom continue contract negotiations past deadline
Sat, 23 Mar 2019 02:11:30 -0400
MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and other Viacom Inc channels were still available on AT&T Inc's DirecTV satellite TV service on early Saturday morning as the companies continued to hash out a new carriage contract.
- U.S. airlines sending teams to review Boeing 737 MAX upgrade this weekend
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 23:50:27 -0400
The three U.S. airlines that own Boeing Co's 737 MAX are meeting the U.S. manufacturer this weekend to review a software upgrade for the jet that has suffered two fatal crashes in five months, officials from the airlines told Reuters.
- Philip Morris says Canadian unit RBH granted creditor protection
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:52:00 -0400
Philip Morris International Inc on Friday said its Canadian unit, Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc (RBH), was granted creditor protection, following a tobacco class action ruling in Quebec this month.
- Autonomy founder Lynch set for $5 billion Hewlett-Packard court showdown
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:39:59 -0400
Mike Lynch, once hailed as Britain's answer to Bill Gates, faces Hewlett-Packard (HP) in London's High Court on Monday in a multi-billion dollar showdown over the U.S. technology company's 2011 purchase of the Autonomy software business he founded.
- Wall Street Week Ahead: Doubts increase that first quarter will be earnings low point
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:32:42 -0400
As Wall Street braces for what may be the first U.S. profit decline since 2016, investors say the first quarter may not mark the low point for 2019 earnings.
- Take Five: Take it easy, central banks - World markets themes for the week ahead
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:30:30 -0400
Following are five big themes likely to dominate thinking of investors and traders in the coming week and the Reuters stories related to them.
- Viacom, AT&T negotiations weigh on possible CBS tie-up: sources
Fri, 22 Mar 2019 19:58:58 -0400
Viacom Inc's bitter contract renewal talks with AT&T Inc's DirecTV that could see the blackout of MTV, Nickelodeon and Comedy Central by midnight Friday are weighing on a possible tie-up of CBS and Viacom, sources familiar with the discussions said.