|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- UPS launches drone business, seeks to certify multiple pilots
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:25:17 -0400
United Parcel Service Inc , the world's largest package delivery firm, on Tuesday unveiled its drone delivery subsidiary and said it has applied for the Federal Aviation Administration certifications needed to expand the business.
- Alibaba welcomes U.S. small businesses to sell globally on its platform
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:24:25 -0400
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd will allow small U.S. businesses to sell on Alibaba.com, the company said on Tuesday, as it seeks to tap into the business-to-business e-commerce market and fend off rivals like Amazon.com Inc .
- Warren Buffett's charity lunch postponed after cryptocurrency promoter falls ill
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:22:34 -0400
The cryptocurrency entrepreneur Justin Sun postponed his $4.57 million charity lunch with Warren Buffett after falling ill with kidney stones, according to a statement from a foundation he backs.
- Facebook to create privacy panel, pay $5 billion to U.S. to settle allegations
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 16:00:01 -0400
The Federal Trade Commission is set to announce on Wednesday that Facebook Inc has agreed to a sweeping settlement of significant allegations it mishandled user privacy and pay $5 billion, two people briefed on the matter said.
- Equifax's $700 million data breach settlement spurs criticism, calls for new rules
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:41:36 -0400
Credit-reporting company Equifax Inc will pay up to $700 million to settle claims it broke the law during a massive 2017 data breach and to repay harmed consumers, in a landmark settlement that was nonetheless criticized by consumer advocates and some lawmakers who called for stricter regulation.
- Equifax consumers face uphill battle for claims
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:41:36 -0400
Consumers affected by the massive Equifax Inc data breach in 2017 will not reap any windfalls from the credit reporting company's $700 million U.S. settlement announced on Monday, but may face a cumbersome process to get compensation.
- TIM to announce towers deal, 5G partnership with Vodafone on July 26: source
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 12:38:40 -0400
Italy's biggest phone group Telecom Italia is set to announce on Friday a deal with rival Vodafone to merge their tower infrastructure and jointly deploy fifth generation mobile technology in Italy, a source close to the matter said.
- Swiss privacy office wants details on Facebook's Libra crypto project
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:49:24 -0400
Switzerland's privacy watchdog said on Tuesday it has yet to receive a reply to a July 17 letter seeking details about Facebook's Swiss-based Libra cryptocurrency project, adding it needs the information to determine its oversight role.
- Huawei first-half revenue up about 30% despite U.S. ban: Bloomberg
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:19:07 -0400
Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's revenue grew roughly 30% in the first half after select teams secured critical supplies to keep production going despite U.S. technology export restrictions, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Top investors lose $1 billion as China's Nasdaq-style board reverses on day two
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:15:29 -0400
The biggest shareholders in China's new Nasdaq-style STAR Market lost a combined $1 billion in the second day of trade on Tuesday, a day after the board's roaring debut created three new billionaires.
- Power traders tackle renewables puzzle in Danish 'Silicon Valley'
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:08:24 -0400
Far from the sprawling financial hubs of London or Frankfurt, high-tech traders in the Danish university city of Aarhus are driving rapid change in European power markets, easing the shift to renewables with technology that also carries some risks.
- Facebook-style app launches in Vietnam amid tightening internet rules
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 07:41:19 -0400
A Facebook-style social network was launched in Vietnam on Tuesday, following calls by the Communist-ruled government for domestic tech companies to create alternatives to U.S. tech giants Facebook and Google.
- Norsk Hydro shares jump as Brazil operations ramp up
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:51:45 -0400
Aluminum producer Norsk Hydro has managed to ramp up operations at its Alunorte refinery in Brazil despite a cyber attack in March, the firm said on Tuesday, boosting its shares.
- China's Neolix to trial autonomous vehicles in Saudi, UAE
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:46:19 -0400
China's Neolix has signed a preliminary agreement with Middle East e-commerce company noon to trial autonomous vehicles in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- South Korean firm to boost output of chipmaking chemical amid Japan curbs: report
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 06:35:24 -0400
A South Korean maker of a chemical that is used for producing semiconductors will increase output soon with a new plant coming on stream, helping domestic chipmakers offset export curbs imposed by Japan, a local media report said on Tuesday.
- Japan's Marubeni backs blockchain crowd-sourcing platform for solar, wind farms
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 05:16:27 -0400
Japan's Marubeni Corp has agreed to back a blockchain power purchasing platform, WePower, that is looking to establish itself in Australia to tap rapid growth in solar and wind power, the two firms said on Tuesday.
- Daimler, Bosch get approval to test driverless valet parking
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 05:11:35 -0400
Daimler and auto supplier Bosch will start valet parking using autonomous driving technology in Stuttgart, Germany, after local authorities gave the carmaker permission to start testing the technology.
- Trading platform IG confident of turning corner after profit slump
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 05:06:02 -0400
IG Group expects to return to revenue growth in the second half of this year after the online trading platform reported a 31% slump in annual earnings due to Europe's clampdown on high-stakes financial betting by amateur traders.
- UK's IQE reassures investors with Asian orders
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:46:25 -0400
Cardiff-based IQE Plc expects new supply chains in Asia to provide significant orders, the supplier of semiconductor wafer to Apple Inc said on Tuesday, sending its shares up more than 13%.
- Huawei head says group can sign 'no backdoor' deal with any country: Italy paper
Tue, 23 Jul 2019 03:11:23 -0400
Huawei Technologies, the Chinese technology and telecoms group under pressure from the United States, is ready to sign a "no backdoor" agreement with any country, its founder told an Italian newspaper on Tuesday.