|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- ByteDance unit establishes venture with Chinese state media firm
Sat, 14 Dec 2019 10:02:42 -0500
A unit of ByteDance, the owner of video-sharing platform TikTok, has established a joint venture with a Chinese state media group, official registration documents showed.
- Brazilian food delivery app iFood looks to grow in retail in 2020
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:45:14 -0500
Brazilian app iFood, which specializes in delivering ready-to-eat meals to consumers in large cities, is looking to expand its services to other areas and plans to increase operations in retail, chief financial officer Diego Barreto said on Friday.
- U.S. agency probes 12th Tesla crash tied to possible Autopilot use
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:14:38 -0500
The U.S. auto safety agency said Friday it will investigate a 12th Tesla crash that may be tied to the vehicle's advanced Autopilot driver assistance system after a Tesla Model 3 rear-ended a parked police car in Connecticut on Saturday.
- T-Mobile CEO takes the stand in T-Mobile/Sprint merger trial
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:14:13 -0500
T-Mobile US Inc Chief Executive John Legere testified on Friday that he believes U.S. regulators considered Dish Network's history of attempting to build a wireless network when they approved the merger between T-Mobile and Sprint Corp.
- Facebook, privacy activist Schrems battle nears end on Dec. 19
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:10:32 -0500
Austrian privacy activist Max Schrems' seven-year battle against Facebook reaches a crucial point on Dec. 17 when an adviser to Europe's top court will issue his view on whether tools used by companies to transfer data abroad are legal or not.
- Google, Apple asked if apps like TikTok must disclose foreign ties
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 18:09:27 -0500
The chair of a U.S. congressional panel wrote to Alphabet's Google and to Apple on Friday to ask what if any disclosures mobile apps are required to make regarding overseas ties, a concern that follows reports of Chinese investment in popular apps such as TikTok and Grindr.
- SoftBankâs China strategy wobbles as key bets disappoint
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 14:16:42 -0500
For SoftBank Group Inc, financial technology firm OneConnect's IPO should have been a vindication of an aggressive China investing strategy.
- Electronic Swiss franc? Not so fast, government says
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 06:12:05 -0500
The Swiss government took a downbeat view of creating a central bank digital currency for public use, saying it could do more harm than good and destabilize the financial system.
- China detains CEO of U.S.-listed P2P firm Fincera for suspected financial crime
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 05:57:58 -0500
Chinese police on Friday detained the chairman and chief executive officer of New York-listed Fincera Inc for suspected financial crime.
- Samsung Electronics executive receives jail term over union-busting: media
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 05:57:25 -0500
Samsung Electronics vice-president Kang Kyung-hoon received a 16-month jail term on Friday on charges of union-busting activities, South Korean media reported on Friday.
- Italian prosecutor presents bankruptcy request against CHL
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 05:21:04 -0500
An Italian prosecutor has presented a bankruptcy request against information technology and e-commerce group CHL , the company said, adding it was notified on Dec. 9.
- Norway's Telenor picks Ericsson for 5G, abandoning Huawei
Fri, 13 Dec 2019 04:10:00 -0500
Telenor has picked Sweden's Ericsson as the key technology provider for its fifth-generation (5G) telecoms network in Norway, it said on Friday, gradually removing China's Huawei [HWT.UL] after a decade of collaboration over 4G.
- U.S. regulator weighs action against Facebook over how its apps interact: report
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 21:27:41 -0500
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission is considering asking a court to stop Facebook Inc from moving ahead with plans to integrate its WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger subsidiaries, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Broadcom's full-year forecast fails to impress Wall Street, shares down
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 18:49:20 -0500
Broadcom Inc's fourth-quarter earnings beat Street estimates on Thursday, but investors were put off by slowing growth in semiconductor business and a lukewarm revenue forecast for 2020, sending its shares down about 2% in extended trade.
- Lyft expands rental car program in San Fran Bay Area, Los Angeles
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 17:55:25 -0500
Ride-hailing company Lyft Inc on Thursday said it is offering rental cars to a wider group of users in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles.
- Facebook pledges $130 million to content oversight board, delays naming members
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:22:35 -0500
Facebook said on Thursday it committed an initial $130 million to fund an independent oversight board, but said it would not announce its members this year, as originally expected.
- Amazon.com to open distribution center in Northeastern Brazil in 2020
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 14:14:40 -0500
Amazon.com Inc said on Thursday it will open a distribution center in the northeastern state of Pernambuco, its second in Brazil, strengthening its logistics infrastructure to speed up deliveries and ultimately expand its footprint.
- Cadillac vehicles shifting to electric from gas by 2030: executive
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:20:27 -0500
The head of General Motors Co's Cadillac luxury brand said on Thursday that a majority, and possibly all, of the brand's models would be electric vehicles by 2030.
- Thyssenkrupp in talks with Tesla about German factory: Handelsblatt
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 12:13:44 -0500
Thyssenkrupp is hoping to win contracts for a planned factory Tesla plans to build near Berlin, a board member of the German conglomerate told a business daily.
- Shopin blockchain startup CEO pleads guilty to fraud: NY attorney general
Thu, 12 Dec 2019 11:38:11 -0500
The chief executive of Shopin has pleaded guilty to felony securities fraud in connection with an estimated $42.5 million initial coin offering by his blockchain startup, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James announced on Thursday.