|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Inmarsat and Panasonic partner on in-flight connectivity
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 02:29:14 -0400
British satellite company Inmarsat said it would collaborate with Japan's Panasonic Avionics in providing in-flight broadband for commercial airlines.
- Rocket Internet to buy back up to 3.6 percent of its shares
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 02:25:44 -0400
German ecommerce company Rocket Internet will buy back up to 150 million euros ($175.25 million) worth of shares, or 3.6 percent of its outstanding stock, as it responds to investor calls to use some of its 2.1 billion euro cash pile.
- Cboe exchange turns to machines to police its 'fear gauge'
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 01:09:13 -0400
Hard pressed to quash allegations that its popular "fear gauge" is being manipulated, Cboe Global Markets is turning to artificial intelligence to help put those concerns to rest.
- VIX: Wall Street 'fear gauge' - manipulated or maligned?
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 01:09:13 -0400
Cboe Global Markets is taking several steps, including recruiting artificial intelligence, to put to rest concerns that its VIX volatility index was prone to manipulation and that contributed to a blow-up of some complex volatility products in February.
- Two Australian banks among six targeted by fake apps: security firm
Thu, 20 Sep 2018 00:33:10 -0400
Customers of six banks including two of Australia's largest lenders have had their personal details stolen by fake banking apps on the Google Play store, an internet security firm said.
- Australian regulator cracks down on misleading digital coin offerings
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 22:38:29 -0400
Australia's corporate watchdog said on Thursday it was stepping up scrutiny on "misleading" initial coin offerings (ICOs)targeted at retail investors while adding it has already acted against several such proposals.
- Facebook expands fake election news fight, but falsehoods still rampant
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:38:09 -0400
Facebook Inc on Wednesday said it would team with two U.S. non-profits to slow the global spread of misinformation that could influence elections, acknowledging that fake news sites were still read by millions.
- Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase hires chief legal officer from Fannie Mae
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:49:01 -0400
Coinbase has hired finance executive Brian Brooks as chief legal officer, it said on Wednesday, as the cryptocurrency exchange grows its compliance and government affairs capabilities amid intensifying regulatory scrutiny of the nascent market.
- Amazon considering opening up to 3,000 cashierless stores by 2021: Bbg
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 15:58:02 -0400
Amazon.com Inc is considering a plan to open as many as 3,000 new Amazon Go cashierless stores in the next few years, Bloomberg reported https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-19/amazon-is-said-to-plan-up-to-3-000-cashierless-stores-by-2021 on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Facebook yet to comply with EU consumer rules, Airbnb in line: EU sources
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:50:42 -0400
Facebook may face sanctions because it has yet to comply with EU consumer rules while Airbnb has made the necessary changes in response to regulatory demands, EU sources said on Wednesday.
- Renault-Nissan adopts Android in coup for Google
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:05:44 -0400
The Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi carmaking alliance said on Tuesday it will adopt Alphabet's Google Android operating system, handing a victory to the U.S. tech giant as it pushes for a bigger share of the infotainment market.
- Amazon's use of merchant data under EU microscope
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:47:13 -0400
European Union regulators are checking whether U.S. online retailer Amazon is using merchants' data in a way that stifles competition, Europe's antitrust chief said on Wednesday.
- Coding platform GitLab enters unicorn club after raising $100 million
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:25:37 -0400
U.S. coding platform GitLab raised $100 million in its latest round of funding, catapulting the company into the unicorn club with a valuation of more than $1 billion.
- Germany to reach target of 1 million electric cars later than planned
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:23:46 -0400
Germany will likely have to delay its target of having 1 million electric vehicles on the road by two years to 2022, according to a government-sponsored report.
- Startup Picnic runs grocery delivery bus in Dutch online shopping boom
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:20:53 -0400
Coming to a stop outside yet another front door on Utrecht's narrow streets, 25-year-old Susann Huber gets out of her electric minivan, pulls out a crate of groceries and hands them over to a waiting customer.
- Beijing allocates more roads for self-driving vehicle tests
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:45:29 -0400
China's capital city has designated 11 more roads for self-driving vehicle testing, state news agency Xinhua said on Wednesday, to try to speed up the technology's development.
- Strap on the Fitbit: John Hancock to sell only interactive life insurance
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:11:35 -0400
John Hancock, one of the oldest and largest North American life insurers, will stop underwriting traditional life insurance and instead sell only interactive policies that track fitness and health data through wearable devices and smartphones, the company said on Wednesday.
- Hyundai signs deal to sell 1,000 hydrogen-powered trucks in Switzerland
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:08:09 -0400
Hyundai Motor said on Wednesday it will sell 1,000 hydrogen-powered trucks in Switzerland over the next five years through a new tie-up, betting the vehicles could beat battery-powered models sold by the likes of Tesla Inc.
- Blockchain startup Ripple signs up PNC as a customer for its payment tech
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:04:04 -0400
A division of PNC Financial Services Group IncĀ will use technology built by startup Ripple to process international payments, the companies said on Wednesday, a possible precursor to the use of blockchain in mainstream finance.
- Rolls-Royce signs deal to trial hybrid-electric train conversions
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:31:18 -0400
Rolls-Royce has signed a deal to conduct a trial conversion of diesel trains to hybrid-electric engines in Britain, in a deal which could be rolled out to hundreds of trains across the country from the 2020s.