|Channel: Reuters: Technology News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/technologyNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- UK minister: Huawei leaks 'unacceptable', criminal investigation possible
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:28:32 -0400
British culture minister Jeremy Wright said on Thursday he could not rule out a criminal investigation over the "unacceptable" disclosure of confidential discussions on the role of China's Huawei Technologies in 5G network supply chains.
- UK government launches leak inquiry over Huawei discussions: report
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:28:02 -0400
Britain's government has launched a leak inquiry over the disclosure of confidential discussions about the role of China's Huawei Technologies in 5G network supply chains, according to the PoliticsHome website.
- Tesla junk bond spreads widens to a record after big loss
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 08:26:07 -0400
Investors are demanding a record risk premium for holding Tesla Inc's $1.8 billion junk bond after the electric car maker posted a $700 million first-quarter loss and signaled it may be in the market for more capital soon.
- Britain will not use high-risk vendors in critical parts of 5G networks: minister
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 07:19:59 -0400
Britain will not consider high risk equipment vendors in security critical parts of its next-generation 5G networks, Cabinet Office minister David Lidington said on Thursday.
- Verizon opens pre-orders for Samsung 5G phone, adds 20 more cities
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 07:17:59 -0400
Verizon Communications Inc started taking preorders for Samsung's first 5G smartphone in the United States on Thursday, and said it would launch the high-speed wireless service in 20 more cities after Chicago and Minneapolis.
- Britain says leak on Huawei is being taken 'very seriously'
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:54:38 -0400
The leak of details from a National Security Council meeting on allowing Huawei Technologies a restricted role in building parts of Britain's 5G network is being taken very seriously, Prime Minister Theresa May's deputy said.
- Nintendo cautious on Switch China launch timeline, dampens low-cost console talk
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:50:07 -0400
Japan's Nintendo Co Ltd cautioned it will take time for the launch of its Switch console in China and dampened speculation about introducing a low-cost version of the device.
- Volkswagen plans electric vehicle plant with JAC in China: local government
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:48:02 -0400
German automaker Volkswagen AG's joint venture with China's Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co (JAC) plans to invest 5.06 billion yuan ($750.8 million) in a new electric car factory in eastern Hefei city, according to local authorities.
- Nokia plunges to surprise quarterly loss, shares hit six-month low
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:39:58 -0400
Finland's Nokia plunged to a surprise quarterly loss after it failed to supply 5G telecoms equipment in time, and said the security dispute surrounding rival Huawei was creating pressure to invest as customers reassess their suppliers.
- Wirecard seeks to refocus on growth after audit approval
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:33:50 -0400
German payments company Wirecard sought on Thursday to refocus on growth after securing audit approval of annual results which had been delayed by allegations of fraud and false accounting at its Singapore office.
- UK PM May clear protecting national security information is of highest importance: spokesman
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:29:41 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May is clear the protection of information on national security matters is of the highest importance, her spokesman said on Thursday.
- Uber back on the road in Slovakia after court ban
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:17:39 -0400
Uber resumed operations in Slovakia's capital Bratislava on Thursday, a year after a court ban, the ride-hailing company said.
- UK 5G supply chain review will report when ministers have made decisions: minister
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:14:21 -0400
The British government's review of the 5G supply chain will report its conclusions once ministers have made a decision but National Security Council conversations should be confidential, culture minister Jeremy Wright said on Thursday.
- Japan's Zozo sees profit recovering this year after bodysuit blunder
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 06:10:25 -0400
Japanese online fashion retailer Zozo Inc said it expects its profit to recover in the current fiscal year, after booking its first-ever annual drop in earnings on a failed experiment with bespoke tailoring and clashes with fashion brands.
- SoftBank invests in Alphabet business for cellphone antennas in the sky
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 04:01:39 -0400
A SoftBank Corp subsidiary said on Wednesday it had invested $125 million in an Alphabet Inc company that is working to fly cellphone antennas high in the atmosphere to provide internet in areas that are difficult to reach.
- Spotify loses access to major Indian label
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 03:27:32 -0400
Music streaming service Spotify Technology SA said it will remove all songs belonging to one of India's oldest record labels from its app after they failed to agree on licensing terms, months after the Swedish company's launch in the country.
- Facebook beats profit estimates, sets aside $3 billion for privacy penalty
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 03:16:35 -0400
Facebook Inc on Wednesday blew past Wall Street profit estimates in the first quarter and set aside $3 billion to cover a settlement with U.S. regulators, calming investors who had worried about the outcome of a months-long federal probe.
- Panasonic may upgrade Japan plant to make advanced Tesla batteries: source
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 23:32:22 -0400
Panasonic Corp may upgrade one of its battery plants in Japan to produce advanced-format battery cells for Tesla Inc if needed by the U.S. electric vehicle (EV) maker, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday.
- Tesla's Musk 'sees merit' in capital raise, vows profit in third quarter after large loss
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 21:37:14 -0400
Tesla Inc Chief Executive Elon Musk suggested on Wednesday a capital raise could be imminent, as the electric vehicle maker lost $700 million in the first quarter and predicted a return to profit in the third.
- Microsoft tops $1 trillion as it predicts more cloud growth
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 20:37:51 -0400
Microsoft Corp on Wednesday briefly topped $1 trillion in value for the first time after executives predicted continued growth for its cloud computing business.