|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Iran says U.S. cyber attacks failed, hints talks are possible
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:53:01 -0400
Iran said on Monday U.S. cyber attacks on its military had failed, while also hinting that it could be willing to discuss new concessions with Washington if the United States were to lift sanctions and offer new incentives.
- China says both U.S., China should make compromises in trade talks
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:47:21 -0400
Both China and the United States should make compromises in trade talks, Chinese Vice Commerce Minister Wang Shouwen said on Monday, ahead of a much anticipated meeting between the Chinese and U.S. presidents at this week's G20 summit in Japan.
- 'Flying Wallendas' cross Times Square on high wire
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:38:55 -0400
A brother and sister tightrope act crossed Times Square on a high wire 25 floors above the New York landmark on Sunday night.
- Pompeo visits Saudi Arabia as U.S. prods Iran for talks
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:19:40 -0400
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince on Monday amid heightened tensions with Tehran after President Donald Trump called off a military strike to retaliate for Iran's downing of a U.S. drone.
- Trump is willing to talk to Iran, top U.S. adviser says
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:19:14 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump is ready to talk to Iran about a deal that would lift American sanctions but Tehran would need to curtain its nuclear and missile program, as well as its support for proxies, a senior U.S. official said on Monday.
- Beyond the rainbow: Same-sex weddings are mainstream 50 years after Stonewall
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:09:12 -0400
Kimberly Bailey, owner of The Butter End Cakery in Los Angeles, loves taking wedding cake orders from LGBTQ clients because their design requests are often more creative than straight couples.
- Hong Kong activists renew protest against extradition bill
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:03:10 -0400
More than 100 people blocked a Hong Kong government building on Monday in protest against proposed legislation allowing extraditions to mainland China that they want scrapped.
- Eldorado Resorts to merge with Caesars Entertainment in $17.3 billion deal
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:58:59 -0400
U.S. casino operator Eldorado Resorts Inc has agreed to merge with Caesars Entertainment Corp in a $17.3 billion cash-and-stock deal, including debt, the companies said on Monday.
- Kushner's economic plan for Mideast peace faces broad Arab rejection
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:58:39 -0400
Arab politicians and commentators greeted U.S. President Donald Trump's $50 billion Middle East economic vision with a mixture of derision and exasperation, although some in the Gulf called for it to be given a chance.
- Factbox: Many sticks, few carrots: Trump's Palestinian policy
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:58:39 -0400
A series of dramatic policy moves by U.S. President Donald Trump on sensitive issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict preceded a U.S.-sponsored workshop opening in Bahrain on Tuesday, aimed at showcasing the economic benefits a peace deal could bring.
- Iran will 'pay the price' if persists with aggression, Saudi minister tells Le Monde
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:56:41 -0400
Saudi Arabia's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs warned regional rival Iran there would be more sanctions if it continued its "aggressive polices", but said Riyadh wanted to avoid war.
- Storms strand passengers in Dallas, thousands without power
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:54:53 -0400
About 1,000 flights were canceled or delayed in Dallas on Sunday night and more than 80,000 homes and businesses left without power early Monday, after a line of thunderstorms rolled across a northeastern swath of Texas before heading east.
- Turkey's opposition strikes blow to Erdogan with Istanbul mayoral win
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:42:58 -0400
Turkey's opposition has dealt President Tayyip Erdogan a stinging blow by winning control of Istanbul in a re-run mayoral election, breaking his aura of invincibility and delivering a message from voters unhappy over his ever tighter grip on power.
- Democratic Mayor Buttigieg faces growing fallout over police shooting in his city
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:10:57 -0400
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Sunday faced growing fallout over a fatal police shooting in South Bend, an incident that has exposed simmering racial tensions in the Indiana city where he is mayor and which is complicating his presidential ambitions.
- Ex-Trump adviser Flynn to appear in court with Mueller critic as his new lawyer
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:06:40 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump's convicted former national security adviser Michael Flynn will appear in court on Monday for the first time since hiring a new lawyer who criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- U.S. prods Iran for talks to ease Gulf tensions; Tehran dismisses sanctions threat
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:52:56 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday he was not seeking war with Tehran after a senior Iranian military commander warned any conflict in the Gulf region could spread uncontrollably and threaten the lives of U.S. troops.
- Russia says new U.S. sanctions on Iran are illegal
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:52:28 -0400
New sanctions imposed by the United States on Iran are illegal, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday.
- Bogus Brexit murder plot and other lies planted online by Russian accounts: study
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:39:46 -0400
In August 2018, Spanish authorities uncovered a plot by anti-Brexit campaigners to assassinate leading Brexiteer and now favorite to be Britain's next prime minister, Boris Johnson. Or did they?
- Yemen's Houthis hit Saudi airport, killing one, wounding 21: Saudi-led coalition
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:35:26 -0400
Yemen's Houthi movement launched an attack on Abha civilian airport in southern Saudi Arabia on Sunday that killed one person and wounded 21 others, the Saudi-led coalition battling the group in Yemen said.
- Hong Kong should consult widely on extradition bill: U.N. rights boss
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:30:11 -0400
United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet urged authorities in Hong Kong on Monday to "consult broadly" before passing or amending an extradition bill that triggered weeks of protests, or any other legislation.