|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Mueller report finds no evidence that Trump campaign colluded with Russia: Justice Department
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:12:51 -0400
U.S. Attorney General William Barr said on Sunday that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had found no evidence of collusion between President Donald Trump's election team and Russia, and did not present enough evidence to warrant charges of obstruction of justice.
- Democrats Pelosi, Schumer say full Mueller report should be made public
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 18:01:37 -0400
U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said on Sunday that the full report by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into Russian election interference needs to be made public.
- Trump lawyer Giuliani says Mueller report 'better than I expected'
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:59:47 -0400
President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani said Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report into Russian interference in the 2016 election, whether the Trump campaign colluded, and whether Trump obstructed justice was more positive than he had anticipated, based on the summary of the report released on Sunday.
- 'Apparent suicide' of Parkland student days after massacre survivor took her life
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:56:41 -0400
A student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida has died in "an apparent suicide," police said on Sunday, less than a week after a 19-year-old survivor of the 2018 massacre at the school took her own life.
- Brexit up in the air as May pushes divorce deal for third time
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:52:48 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May held crisis talks with senior colleagues and hardline Brexiteers on Sunday trying to breathe life into her twice-defeated European divorce deal after reports her cabinet was plotting to topple her.
- UK PM May to offer indicative votes on Brexit options: Telegraph reporter
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:52:12 -0400
British Prime Minister Theresa May is considering offering lawmakers so called indicative votes to find a way to break the Brexit deadlock, The Daily Telegraph's deputy political editor said.
- Democrat Gillibrand calls Trump 'coward' as she launches 2020 bid outside his NY hotel
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:49:06 -0400
Democratic U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand delivered a fiery repudiation of U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday at the doorstep of one of his most famous properties, making it clear she will not pull her punches in seeking to replace him.
- Honduran president calls Jerusalem Israeli capital, not moving embassy yet
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:20:48 -0400
Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez on Sunday called Jerusalem Israel's capital, saying the Central American country would open a trade office there, but he stopped short of announcing plans to move his embassy from Tel Aviv.
- Republican leader McConnell welcomes more information on Russia probe
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:19:42 -0400
The U.S. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said on Sunday he was disturbed by Russia's ongoing efforts to interfere with U.S. democracy and looked forward to reviewing additional information from the special counsel's report, which was summarized by Attorney General William Barr.
- Trump legal team says Mueller report totally vindicates president
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:13:46 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump's legal team said on Sunday the president was completely vindicated by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report on Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- Brexit: What will happen in the British parliament on Monday?
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:10:52 -0400
British lawmakers will seek to use a vote on the government's next steps on Brexit on Monday to wrest control of the process and try to find a majority for an alternative way forward that would break the parliamentary deadlock.
- Russian air force planes land in Venezuela carrying troops: reports
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:04:59 -0400
Two Russian air force planes landed at Venezuela's main airport on Saturday carrying a Russian defense official and nearly 100 troops, according to media reports, amid strengthening ties between Caracas and Moscow.
- Trump slams Russia probe as 'illegal takedown'
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 17:02:05 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump criticized the federal probe into whether his presidential campaign worked with Russia to sway the 2016 election, and encouraged a look at "the other side," after the Justice Department said on Sunday that U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller found no evidence of collusion.
- Trump responds to Mueller report: 'complete and total exoneration'
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:55:17 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump on Sunday welcomed Special Counsel Robert Mueller's long-awaited report that found his presidential campaign did not work with Russia to sway the 2016 presidential election in his favor.
- Democratic panel chair to call AG Barr to testify on Mueller report
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:43:43 -0400
The chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee, Jerry Nadler, said on Sunday his panel would call Attorney General William Barr to testify shortly, citing concerns over Barr's conclusions from Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe report.
- Factbox: Guilty pleas, indictments abound in Trump-Russia probe
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:41:23 -0400
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. election has ensnared dozens of people, including several advisers to President Donald Trump and a series of Russian nationals and companies.
- At least 134 Fulani herders killed in central Mali's worst violence yet
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:38:47 -0400
Gunmen killed at least 134 Fulani herders in central Mali on Saturday, a local mayor said, the deadliest such attack of recent times in a region reeling from worsening ethnic and jihadist violence.
- Timeline: Big moments in Mueller investigation of Russian meddling in 2016 U.S. election
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:34:31 -0400
Here is a timeline of significant developments in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and whether President Donald Trump's campaign conspired with Moscow.
- Factbox: A scorecard of key players in U.S. special counsel Russia probe
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:32:19 -0400
U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller has submitted his report on the investigation of whether President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign conspired with Russia and whether the president unlawfully tried to obstruct the inquiry.
- White House spokeswoman says DOJ findings a 'total exoneration' of Trump
Sun, 24 Mar 2019 16:32:04 -0400
White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said on Sunday the Department of Justice's findings on the probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election were a "total and complete exoneration of the President of the United States."