|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- U.S. plan will not lure Lebanon into settling Palestinians: parliament speaker
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:22:06 -0400
Lebanon will not be lured by a U.S. plan to invest billions in the country in return for settling Palestinian refugees, its parliament speaker Nabih Berri said on Sunday.
- U.S., Taliban aim to firm up date for foreign force exit from Afghanistan
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:09:30 -0400
Upcoming peace talks between the United States and the Taliban will focus on working out a timeline for the withdrawal of U.S.-led troops from Afghanistan and on a Taliban guarantee militants won't plot attacks from Afghan soil, sources said on Monday.
- G20 nerves hit Europe stocks; dollar slips to three-month low
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:09:16 -0400
European stocks stumbled and the dollar hit three-month lows on Monday as hopes waned for progress in Sino-U.S. trade talks at this week's G20 meeting and fears of an escalation in Iran tensions flared up.
- Iran says U.S. cyber attacks failed, hints talks are possible
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:07:26 -0400
Iran said on Monday U.S. cyber attacks on its military had failed, while also hinting that it could be willing to discuss new concessions with Washington if the United States were to lift sanctions and offer new incentives.
- Trump is willing to talk to Iran, top U.S. adviser says
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:07:26 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump is ready to talk to Iran about a deal that would lift American sanctions but Tehran would need to curtail its nuclear and missile programs, as well as its support for proxies, a senior U.S. official said on Monday.
- Pompeo says he discussed Gulf maritime security with Saudi king
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:06:50 -0400
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a tweet on Monday he had discussed heightened tensions in the region with Saudi Arabia's King Salman during a meeting in Jeddah.
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Caesars Entertainment for about $8.5 billion
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:59:08 -0400
Eldorado Resorts Inc has agreed to buy Caesars Entertainment Corp for about $8.5 billion in cash and stock, as it looks to build scale to take on competition from larger companies such as Las Vegas Sands and Wynn Resorts.
- China says both U.S., China should make compromises in trade talks
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:47:21 -0400
Both China and the United States should make compromises in trade talks, Chinese Vice Commerce Minister Wang Shouwen said on Monday, ahead of a much anticipated meeting between the Chinese and U.S. presidents at this week's G20 summit in Japan.
- 'Flying Wallendas' cross Times Square on high wire
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:38:55 -0400
A brother and sister tightrope act crossed Times Square on a high wire 25 floors above the New York landmark on Sunday night.
- Pompeo visits Saudi Arabia as U.S. prods Iran for talks
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:19:40 -0400
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo met with Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince on Monday amid heightened tensions with Tehran after President Donald Trump called off a military strike to retaliate for Iran's downing of a U.S. drone.
- Beyond the rainbow: Same-sex weddings are mainstream 50 years after Stonewall
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:09:12 -0400
Kimberly Bailey, owner of The Butter End Cakery in Los Angeles, loves taking wedding cake orders from LGBTQ clients because their design requests are often more creative than straight couples.
- Hong Kong activists renew protest against extradition bill
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 07:03:10 -0400
More than 100 people blocked a Hong Kong government building on Monday in protest against proposed legislation allowing extraditions to mainland China that they want scrapped.
- Kushner's economic plan for Mideast peace faces broad Arab rejection
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:58:39 -0400
Arab politicians and commentators greeted U.S. President Donald Trump's $50 billion Middle East economic vision with a mixture of derision and exasperation, although some in the Gulf called for it to be given a chance.
- Factbox: Many sticks, few carrots: Trump's Palestinian policy
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:58:39 -0400
A series of dramatic policy moves by U.S. President Donald Trump on sensitive issues in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict preceded a U.S.-sponsored workshop opening in Bahrain on Tuesday, aimed at showcasing the economic benefits a peace deal could bring.
- Iran will 'pay the price' if persists with aggression, Saudi minister tells Le Monde
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:56:41 -0400
Saudi Arabia's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs warned regional rival Iran there would be more sanctions if it continued its "aggressive polices", but said Riyadh wanted to avoid war.
- Storms strand passengers in Dallas, thousands without power
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:54:53 -0400
About 1,000 flights were canceled or delayed in Dallas on Sunday night and more than 80,000 homes and businesses left without power early Monday, after a line of thunderstorms rolled across a northeastern swath of Texas before heading east.
- Turkey's opposition strikes blow to Erdogan with Istanbul mayoral win
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:42:58 -0400
Turkey's opposition has dealt President Tayyip Erdogan a stinging blow by winning control of Istanbul in a re-run mayoral election, breaking his aura of invincibility and delivering a message from voters unhappy over his ever tighter grip on power.
- Democratic Mayor Buttigieg faces growing fallout over police shooting in his city
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:10:57 -0400
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg on Sunday faced growing fallout over a fatal police shooting in South Bend, an incident that has exposed simmering racial tensions in the Indiana city where he is mayor and which is complicating his presidential ambitions.
- Ex-Trump adviser Flynn to appear in court with Mueller critic as his new lawyer
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 06:06:40 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump's convicted former national security adviser Michael Flynn will appear in court on Monday for the first time since hiring a new lawyer who criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
- U.S. prods Iran for talks to ease Gulf tensions; Tehran dismisses sanctions threat
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 05:52:56 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Sunday he was not seeking war with Tehran after a senior Iranian military commander warned any conflict in the Gulf region could spread uncontrollably and threaten the lives of U.S. troops.