|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi died in consulate, Trump says Saudi account credible
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 07:24:08 -0400
Saudi Arabia said on Saturday that journalist Jamal Khashoggi had died in a fight inside its Istanbul consulate - Riyadh's first acknowledgement of his death after two weeks of denials that it was involved in his disappearance.
- Bahrain praises Saudi king's decisions: Al Arabiya TV
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 07:22:07 -0400
Bahrain, in an apparent reference to the case of slain Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, on Saturday praised decisions made by the Saudi king to establish justice, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya TV reported.
- Investigators likely to discover what happened to Khashoggi body 'before long': Turkish official
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 07:21:38 -0400
Turkish investigators are likely to find out what happened to the body of slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi "before long", a senior Turkish official said on Saturday.
- Turkey will not have anything covered up in Khashoggi case, AK Party spokesman says
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 07:02:07 -0400
Turkey does not want anything covered up in the case of slain journalist Jamal Khashoggi, nor will it blame anyone in advance, the ruling AK Party's spokesman said on Saturday.
- Egypt commends 'decisive' and 'brave' actions by Saudi King over Khashoggi case
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:44:05 -0400
Egypt on Saturday praised what it called the "decisive" and "brave" actions taken by Saudi King Salman in the investigation into the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- Alaska's independent governor ends re-election bid, endorses Democrat
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:41:01 -0400
Alaska Governor Bill Walker, a political independent, halted his re-election campaign on Friday and endorsed his Democratic challenger, ending a three-way contest in which neither had appeared capable of defeating the Republican front-runner.
- Afghans vote amid chaos, corruption and Taliban threats
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:38:44 -0400
Afghans voted on Saturday in parliamentary elections overshadowed by chaotic organization, allegations of corruption and violence that has forced a postponement of the vote in the strategic southern province of Kandahar.
- Russian charged with conspiring to interfere in U.S. congressional elections
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:30:18 -0400
The U.S. government on Friday charged a Russian national with playing a key financial role in a Kremlin-backed plan to conduct "information warfare" against the United States, including ongoing attempts to influence next month's congressional elections.
- Factbox: How Russians may have acted to interfere with U.S. Congressional elections
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:30:18 -0400
A U.S. indictment charging a Russian national with playing a prominent role in a Kremlin-backed plan to conduct "information warfare" to influence the U.S. midterm elections suggested that Russian influence operations have become more sophisticated since a campaign to impact the U.S. 2016 presidential election.
- Dutch PM Rutte calls for further investigation into Khashoggi's death
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 06:05:58 -0400
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Saturday that further investigations are needed after Saudi Arabia's acknowledgment that journalist Jamal Khashoggi had died inside its Istanbul consulate.
- UAE voices support for Saudi king statement on journalist's death: WAM
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:50:43 -0400
The United Arab Emirates on Saturday backed Saudi Arabia's statement about the death of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the official news agency WAM said.
- Saudi senior scholars praise king's decisions on Khashoggi death
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:30:55 -0400
Saudi Arabia's highest religious body, the Council of Senior Scholars, on Saturday said the king's decisions on the death of Jamal Khashoggi "achieve justice and equality in accordance with Islamic law", according to a statement on state news agency SPA.
- Migrants camp on bridge between Guatemala and Mexico as U.S. pressure mounts
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:23:15 -0400
Hundreds of Central American migrants bedded down overnight on a bridge separating Guatemala and Mexico, many squeezed against a metal border gate, as efforts to halt a trek north by a caravan of thousands of people gathered pace under U.S. pressure.
- Trump a reluctant critic of Saudi Arabia despite pressure to act
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:18:00 -0400
Six days after Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi disappeared, U.S. President Donald Trump tried to play down the crisis, saying "hopefully that will sort itself out".
- Australia withdraws from Saudi investment summit over Khashoggi death
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:12:17 -0400
Australia has pulled out of an investment summit in Saudi Arabia in protest at the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Australian government minister said on Saturday.
- Thousands rally in Taiwan, call for referendum on independence from China
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:05:30 -0400
Several thousand pro-independence demonstrators rallied in Taiwan's capital on Saturday to protest against Beijing's "bullying" and called for a referendum on whether the self-ruled island should formally declare independence from China.
- U.S., China, others tentatively agree to multilateral air encounter code
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 05:02:16 -0400
Several countries including the United States and China agreed "in principle" on Saturday to multilateral guidelines to manage unexpected encounters between their military aircraft, joining 10 Southeast Asian nations already in the pact.
- Afghanistan extends election to Sunday due to chaos at polling stations
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 04:28:33 -0400
Voting in Afghanistan's parliamentary election will be extended to Sunday in some constituencies after technical and organizational problems stopped voters casting their ballot in some polling centers on Saturday, government officials said.
- BepiColombo spacecraft starts seven-year journey to Mercury
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 02:22:11 -0400
A European-Japanese spacecraft set off on a treacherous seven-year journey to Mercury to probe the solar system's smallest and least-explored planet.
- Migrant caravan halted on Mexico-Guatemala border, pressure to turn back mounts
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 01:27:02 -0400
Hundreds of people in a caravan of migrants that crossed from Honduras into Guatemala staged a dramatic bid to breach the Mexican border on Friday, as local governments began preparing to disperse the convoy under pressure from Washington.