|Channel: Reuters: Top News
|RSS File: http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/topNews/
|Description: Reuters.com is your source for breaking news, business, financial and investing news, including personal finance and stocks. Reuters is the leading global provider of news, financial information and technology solutions to the world's media, financial institutions, businesses and individuals.
- Tesla forms three-member panel to look at any Musk deal
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 09:03:39 -0400
Tesla Inc's board named a special committee of three directors on Tuesday which will evaluate Elon Musk's proposals to take the company private, although it said it was yet to see a firm offer from the company's chief executive.
- U.S. pastor in Turkey appeals for release, lifting of travel ban: lawyer
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 09:00:33 -0400
An American Christian pastor standing trial in Turkey on terrorism charges has appealed again to a Turkish court to release him from house arrest and lift his travel ban, his lawyer told Reuters on Tuesday.
- U.S. Charge d'Affaires calls on Turkey to resolve pastor Brunson's case
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 09:00:05 -0400
The U.S. Charge d'Affaires in Turkey visited Andrew Brunson, the evangelical pastor whose detention and trial on terrorism charges has sparked a crisis between the two countries, and repeated a call on Tuesday for his case to be resolved.
- Firefighter killed battling largest blaze in California history
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:59:38 -0400
A firefighter has been killed battling the largest wildfire in Californian history that has been stoked by prime fire weather conditions as it has destroyed dozens of homes.
- U.S. warns on Russia's new space weapons
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:59:28 -0400
The United States voiced deep suspicion on Tuesday over Russia's pursuit of new space weapons, including a mobile laser system to destroy satellites in space, and the launch of a new inspector satellite which was acting in an "abnormal" way.
- Home Depot second-quarter sales bounce back after slow start to year
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:56:42 -0400
Home Depot Inc on Tuesday reported second-quarter sales that beat Wall Street estimates despite signs of a slowdown in the housing market, boosted by a rebound in demand for seasonal products and shoppers making more purchases to remodel their homes.
- Man suspected of terrorism attack on UK parliament after driving into pedestrians
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:55:47 -0400
British police said they believe a man deliberately drove a car into pedestrians and cyclists on Tuesday before ramming it into barriers outside London's parliament in what appeared to be the second terrorism attack on the building in just under 18 months.
- Italy motorway bridge collapses on Genoa buildings in heavy rains, 'dozens' feared dead
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:53:24 -0400
A motorway bridge collapsed on Tuesday over the northern Italian port city of Genoa, killing dozens of people according to the local ambulance service, in what the transport minister said was likely to be "an immense tragedy".
- Turkey hopes to find solution on Syria's Idlib with Russia
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:52:38 -0400
Turkey's foreign minister said on Tuesday he hoped his country and Russia could find a solution over the northern Syrian region of Idlib, a rebel-held enclave which the Syrian government says it aims to recapture.
- Shares regain footing as lira pulls out of nosedive
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:50:09 -0400
World share markets fought to regain their footing on Tuesday, as Turkey's lira pulled out of its recent nosedive and reassuring data from Germany helped offset the latest wobbles in China's giant economy.
- Outcry in Malaysia over two women sentenced to caning for lesbian sex
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:34:24 -0400
Human rights activists called on Tuesday on Malaysian authorities to review a religious court decision sentencing two women to six strokes for having sex.
- Uganda police arrest three MP's after stones thrown at Museveni's convoy
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:19:24 -0400
Ugandan police arrested three opposition lawmakers and scores of others after stones were thrown at the convoy of President Yoweri Museveni, who has ruled the country since 1986.
- Risk of no-deal Brexit rising, 'everyone needs to prepare': British foreign minister
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:15:51 -0400
The risk of a no-deal Brexit has been increasing and the European Union commission needs to change its attitude if a deal is to be reached, British foreign minister Jeremy Hunt said on Tuesday.
- Erdogan says Turkey will boycott U.S. electronics, lira steadies
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:12:22 -0400
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Tuesday Turkey will boycott electronic products from the United States, retaliating in a dispute with Washington that has helped drive the lira to record lows.
- Turkish airline, telecoms firm to halt U.S. advertising
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:11:25 -0400
Turkey's national airline and its main telecoms firm will halt advertising in U.S. media in response to the crisis in relations between the two allies, company officials said on Tuesday.
- Italy's Autostrade was carrying out maintenance on Genoa bridge
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:10:59 -0400
Italy's Autostrade, a motorway operator controlled by Atlantia, said it had been carrying out maintenance work on the flyover bridge that collapsed in Genoa on Tuesday.
- Trump vows 'toughness and strength' after UK parliament incident
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:01:07 -0400
U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday said that terrorists should be treated with "toughness and strength" after a man drove a car into members of the public and a security barrier outside Britain's parliament, injuring three.
- Manafort seeks acquittal as tax, bank fraud trial moves to defense
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:54:21 -0400
Lawyers for Paul Manafort will have the opportunity on Tuesday to put up their defense, a day after U.S. prosecutors rested their case against the former campaign chairman for President Donald Trump in his trial over alleged tax and bank fraud.
- From laboratory in far west, China's surveillance state spreads quietly
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:50:20 -0400
Filip Liu, a 31-year-old software developer from Beijing, was traveling in the far western Chinese region of Xinjiang when he was pulled to one side by police as he got off a bus.
- At least 10 people dead in Genoa bridge collapse: police sources
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:45:50 -0400
The collapse of a bridge in the Italian port town of Genoa has killed 10 people based on an initial estimate, police sources said on Tuesday.